Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Haven't shared a card in a while....

...So how's this one?




The background for this card features a technique from the June/July 2008 Technique Junkie Newsletter. Pat calls it Al float. When I first saw the name the old science teacher in me immediately thought I was going to do something with aluminum foil floating on water, but it turns out Al is short for Alcohol as in Alcohol ink, not the chemical symbol for Aluminum. Funny how our mind set can change how we perceive things. Any way Alcohol ink was WAY more fun than aluminum foil but I'm sure Pat has a technique in her arsenal somewhere that uses aluminum foil as well. LOL! And this technique was so much fun I didn't want to stop. So now I have a stack of background papers...A ready stash for when I need a quick card.

The featured stamp is from Stamping Up from a set called Heartfelt Thanks. (if you are reading this Pat, yes you did sell it to me. See I AM using them ;-)

1 comment:

Ramblin Rose said...

The technique is Black Pearls and I think it's April 2004 TJNL.

Rose Ann