Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bandanna Layout Share



Hi all,

Tomorrow I pick up a friend at the airport and we check into a hotel for a scrapbooking weekend. I know she has been planning all of her layouts and will be ready to be very productive. I have not even decided what I want to work on and packing, well I still have to start. I haven't been feeling very creative lately which is the reason the planning has not been happening.
It's also been a somewhat busy summer. Touring colleges with my rising senior was great; we just said goodbye yesterday to my brother in law who was visiting from Italy.
One of the big highlights of my summer was my extended weekend away with my husband. We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary in July on Block Island, RI. This layout is a picture of us taken on our anniversary. I think we are cute, I sure felt cute that day :-)
The pages are decorated with a technique from the latest issue of the Patstamps Technique Junkie Newsletter. The technique is called Bandanna. These are 8x8 pages. The page on the left is just the technique and journaling on what began as white cardstock. On the right the inks and stamps were applied directly to the photo. There was a white band at the bottom of the photo paper before I began. You can see the color is much more vibrant on the photo paper but I also had some trouble with the ink coming back off the paper when I wanted to add more.
One of my favorite hybrid techniques is to resize a photo so it is 8 inches wide or tall and whatever works out for the other dimension, then print onto 81/2 x 11 photo paper and cut into an 8x8 square and scrap and/or journal on the blank part. That is what I did here.

The stamps are from Close to My Heart: Adorable Backgrounds and Soul Mates

Well wish me lots of creative juice and productivity at CropClassix.

Valerie

2 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Great layout and congrats on your anniversary, this year will be 31 for us :) and yes we still feel like kids some of the time! lol

Love the way you did your colors and the swirls, just fabulous!

Anonymous said...

That is a cute layout. I like the colors you used. Thanks for sharing.
Lori