Saturday, March 22, 2008

Playing With New Toys



Where does inspiration come from? If you are me the answer is anywhere and everywhere. For today’s card it was a combination of my weekly trip to Stop & Shop and my desire to play with some of my new toys.

Yes those Cuttlebug folders and dies were beckoning, as were the new markers, papers and scallop punch from Stampin Up! And then all the Easter displays in the grocery store got me thinking, I just must do something with a bright Spring palette.

I think I still have something to learn about coloring embossed die cuts with markers but overall I’m happy with this card.

I used the Bold Brights SU palette; sorry I don’t know all those color names for the papers. The Cuttlebug toys are Happy Birthday embossing folder and Disney Take the Cake Cut & Emboss. The sentiment is SU Birthday Whimsy.

No comments: