Saturday, February 9, 2008

Do You Like My New Look?

Today's art to share is my new header! I just created it today using photoshop. What do you think? I also changed the blog template to match the new header. I think the overall look is easier on the eyes.

For the photoshop curious, the header features two images I downloaded from istockphoto :the watch and the grunge film frame. The flourishes are from brushes I downloaded (for free!) from Obsidian Dawn. If you make sure to "stamp" each brush mark on a new layer, you can resize, erase, skew, rotate, etc. to your hearts content to get it just the way you want it.

The background is a fill layer to which I added a linen pattern overlay and lowered the opacity of the pattern overlay to 38%. I played around alot with opacity and blending modes in this design. I love to experiment that way. I'm very happy with the new look. I hope you like it too.

No comments: