Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Technostamper's Sketch Challenge

Yesterday as I was traversing the blogosphere I came across this sketch challenge put up by Technostamper aka Mary Jo. The sketch really sparked a creative urge in me and I rushed to my work table to give it a try. As a cardmaker/stamper I'm still a beginner. But I've recently resolved to give it more time and push myself this year. I have to do something to justify all the rubber I've collected! So the challenge was just the thing for me.

To challenge myself further I decided to limit myself to using paper scraps only (you should see the huge supply of scraps I've amassed, I throw nothing away!) and to use a technique from The Technique Junkie Newsletter. I chose Pastel Embossing from the October 07 issue. The stamps I used are Stampin Up. I struggled with the thought of adding more embellishment but ultimately decided to keep it simple because that's what I think I loved about the sketch in the first place. What do you think?




I plan to post some fun ways of mixing stamping with photoshop soon.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Val you did a great job with MJ's sketch, even incorporating a TJ technique into the mix! Love how your paper colors follow from layer to layer. Welcome to the blogging world!

MJ said...

Val, this is wonderful. I love the way all the different sections just kind of flow together yet stand alone. Great job, thanks for playing.

rozie640 said...

Wow, love all that color, I wouldn't add a thing. My new years resolution, learn to step away from the card! Love your work.

Pat Huntoon said...

Great card, Val! Glad to see you breaking into the rubber more : )

Gerrie said...

Great card!